The Spirit of the Cats' Foundation has a Scholarship Fund set up for the students that were attending the Grant-Deuel School School on the last day it was open (May 18, 2017).
This includes the students kindergarten thru the graduating class of 2017.
The following are the regulations for the Spirit of the Cats' Foundation Scholarship Fund
* Students that were enrolled in the Grant-Deuel School District on the final day of school which was May 18, 2017, are eligible for a $2,500 scholarship.
* A letter will be sent out the first of February of each year with a return date of the first of March to receive the scholarship.
* A short form must be returned for the student to receive the scholarship.
* Scholarships will be awarded with half given the second semester of the first year of secondary education (college) and half given the first semester of the second year.
* On-line education or degree programs of less than two years: once the course has been completed a copy of the earned certificate and a copy of the tuition bill is sent to the Foundation, the student will then be reimbursed for the course(s) up to $2,500. These must be educational courses. All reimbursements are subject to the final approval by the Scholarship Fund Committee.
* Students wanting to join the military or take a year off before furthering their education will have up to six (6) years to apply for this scholarship. As the years go on, this time frame will be re-evaluated and may need to be shortened.
* This is a one-time or a total of $2,500 scholarship.
* Every two to three years, the funds are to be re-evaluated to see how much interest has been accumulated and if the scholarship amount should be raised using the interest.
* All reimbursements not covered above are subject to final approval by the Scholarship Fund Committee.
Fill out and return the form below to receive your scholarship. Mail them to:
Spirit of the Cats' Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Committee
654 Walnut St
Big Stone City, SD 57216